Food & Beverage Café Prep/Cashier Floater
The Prep/Line position provides food preparation services to guests in the Aviator Café. This position requires an effective communicator who can provide outstanding service to internal and external customers by demonstrating respect, courtesy, and empathy.
This is a Part Time position, and the hours fluctuate seasonally. You may be required to work up to 40 hours in a week during our peak season in the summer. Full Time hours would be seasonal. This position does not qualify for benefits. We offer Oregon sick time per state law.
* This position is required to work weekends; Sat & Sun. Typical shifts are 9am-3pm. The museum is open seven days a week. Must be able to work holidays and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets guests in a welcoming manner and applies outstanding service to all internal and external customers each workday.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of quality food promptly, complying with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, and standards, while assuming 100% responsibility for the finished product.
- Sets up, maintains, and tears down the food preparation line.
- Operates dishwashing equipment or hand-washes dishes, utensils, pots, etc. and stores clean items according to department procedures.
- Stocks and maintains appropriate levels of food products at station ensuring no outages and rotates product.
- Stores and properly handles raw or prepared foods and non-food supplies.
- Assists with prep work, cleaning duties, and any other assigned tasks in downtime.
- Cleans and sanitizes production equipment, work surfaces, and kitchen according to departmental cleaning procedures.
- Maintains sanitary workstation and handles food in a manner that is consistent with federal, state, and local health department guidelines.
- Follows proper food handling techniques coordinating the use of time, material, and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense.
- Performs food and beverage preparation services for catered events when needed.
- Responds calmly and professionally to guest concerns and complaints. Takes corrective action following policy or procedure or refers them to a supervisor when needed.
- Adheres to all EASM policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with guests, docents, staff, and VIP visitors.
- Maintains the highest standards of safety possible while providing a safe, fun, and clean environment.
- Attends in-service training and educational sessions as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Requires one (1) year of food & beverage preparation and line cook experience.
- Current or ability to earn an Oregon Food Handler Card within 30 days of starting in the position is required.
- Current, or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire, an OLCC card.
- Any combination of experience and education will be considered instead of meeting exact qualifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have outstanding customer service focus in interacting with internal and external customers.
- Ability to use food preparation and kitchen machinery, equipment, utensils, etc.
- Ability to perform duties with and without supervision.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks concurrently in a demanding environment.
- Demonstrates confidentiality and trustworthiness in dealing with various situations.
- Must be able to think analytically with excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills and abilities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in person, in writing, and over the phone.
- Demonstrated responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work performed.
- Constantly uses hands for grasping and holding objects that are necessary for performing in your position (for example: food items, utensils, pots, pans, pen/pencil for writing, clipboard, etc.).
- Constantly performs tasks in a workstation in a kitchen environment.
- Constantly performs physical activity that requires walking and/or standing.
- Often performs physical activity that requires climbing and/or twisting.
- Often performs physical activity that requires bending, stooping, reaching, and kneeling.
- Often performs physical activity that requires pushing, pulling, lifting, and/or carrying up to 100 pounds in place or across a distance with or without supportive devices.
- Rarely drives or travels by car and never travels out-of-area or overnight for work-related reasons.
- Often exposed to a variety of cleaning chemicals and in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
- Ability to work in a warm and humid environment that is often noisy and crowded with employees and guests.
- Ability to work a variable schedule, including nights, holidays, weekends, and possible overtime when needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.