Benefits of Volunteering
As an Evergreen Aviation & Space Volunteer, you’ll learn new skills, meet interesting people from around the world, and enjoy a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. Not to mention, you will get work on and around the worlds largest wooden flying boat!
Volunteering is rewarding in itself, but you do get some special bonuses for joining our Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum team.
- Admission to the museum and museum related events.
- Discounts at the Rotors, Wings, & Things gift shop.
- Discounts on meals in our Aviator Café
- Individual recognition for service.
- Ongoing training and support for an exciting and rewarding experience.
Help our team at Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum achieve our mission to
“Inspire a community for innovation and discovery, preserve aerospace history, and honor those who serve.”
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
We can really use your help! Here is a snapshot of the many different areas of need for museum volunteers:
- Docents – giving tours and interpreting exhibits. Scroll down for more details on the Docent Volunteer teams.
- Education Program Leaders – teach STEM (STEAM) subjects.
- Hands-on Teaching – lead table exercises guiding children through science and art projects.
- Event Support – provide security or set-up support for special events.
- Facilities Support – assist with maintenance, building, painting, and cleaning projects.
- Restoration Support – assist with cleaning, maintaining, painting, fabricating, and repairing historic aircraft and space vehicles. Scroll down for more information about our restoration team.
- Collections Support – assist with preserving, curating, cataloging, and storing historical artifacts and documents.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
We also need group support, in fact, we offer great opportunities for civic groups and organizations to support our mission to “Inspire innovation and discovery, preserve aerospace history, and honor those who serve.”
Here is a quick list of volunteer opportunities and projects for Civic Groups, Service Organizations, Veterans’ Groups, and Schools:
- Pressure Washing
- Roadside Clean Up
- Aircraft Cleaning
- Debris Removal
- Small Building Projects, and More!
Become a Docent
Our docents are a critical part of the Evergreen Museum and are our main connection with our visitors.
As a docent volunteer, you can spend your time in the Aviation Museum next to the historic Spruce Goose, in the Space Museum next to titans of space exploration, and even giving tours to visitors all around the world.
Join the Restoration Team
Our restoration team is our longest serving branch of volunteers at Evergreen Museum.
As a restoration volunteer, you can assist in restoring historic aircraft to their original glory and on display for visitors from around the world to enjoy.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to lift, climb, and move in various positions
Download the full role description:
Apply to Be a Volunteer:
There are multiple ways to apply. You once you complete the application, you can email, fax, drop it off, or mail it to us at:
Fax: (503) 434-4188
Mail: 500 NE Captain Michael King Smith Way, McMinnville, Oregon 97128